Monday, December 21, 2009

Blankets

Mike has had serious kidney stone pain all week (same kidney stone). I took him to the doctor on Monday. James and Patrick were with us, too, and had both fallen asleep in the car on the way there. So, I dropped off Mike at the front and went and parked. I put Patrick in the stroller and then picked up James. He was totally out until we were outside the elevator and he popped his head up and said, “I don’t wanna get a shot!” I couldn’t believe he could be so coherent so quickly and that he recognized where we were. Then, when we got into the exam room, the nurse asked him what Santa was going to bring him. He thought for a few seconds and said, “Presents!” Nurse: “Oh, what kind of presents?” James: “Uhhh . . . blankets!” Nurse: “Do you like blankets?” James: “Yeah, he’s gonna bring me ten blankets!” Blankets. You gotta love it.

1 comment:

  1. I bet James could find a good way to make blankets hilarious and entertaining. Just guessing...

    ReplyDelete