Sunday, June 14, 2009

Water Fight

Tonight we went to Mike's parents' house as usual for dinner. The kids decided to go play outside. After about 10-15 minutes of fairly uneventful playing, the girls ran in to tell me that James had the hose. I looked outside and sure enough, James had the hose (with the high pressure sprayer attachment) and was hosing down everything in sight, including Simon. I stepped out onto the deck and yelled to him to stop. Then, with a maniacal laugh, he turned the hose on me! I quickly went back in and he kept spraying right through the screen door, soaking me and the breakfast nook. "That's it!" I thought to myself and I ran outside, turned off the water, grabbed James and the hose, dragged him back with me, turned the water back on and hosed him down. He started crying and amidst the sobs he said, "I no wike a be all wet." "Neither do I and neither does Simon," I told him. I'm sure he saw the subsequent time out coming, but I think he was pretty surprised that I turned the hose on him first. Simon thought it was hilarious, though. He didn't even care anymore that he was all wet. He just kept laughing and saying, "Lismarie sprayed James with the hose!" All's fair in love and water fights, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment